Otaku Paradise!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Otaku Paradise!

HomeLatest imageswww.T3chnoBabblRegisterLog in

the hangover review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maxi
Fledgling
Fledgling
Maxi

the hangover review Empty
PostSubject: the hangover review   the hangover review EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:14 am

The Hangover!!!! 2009

Directed by: Todd Phillips
Written by: Jon Lucas, Scott Moore
Starring: Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, Heather Graham, Ken Jeong, Justin Bartha, Jeffrey Tambor, Mike Tyson.

The Hangover is, in essence, a creative twist on the “one crazy night” and “road trip” comedy templates. I don’t think it’s necessary to go into much detail as far as the plot is concerned; all you need to know is that a groom and his three groomsmen head out for a night of debauchery, and then wake up in the morning to find that their hotel room has been completely trashed and the groom has vanished. They have no recollection of what happened the night before, but as they try to retrace their steps, things get more and more out of hand.

One of the movie’s greatest strengths is the way in which the story is told; the audience is kept in suspense as the mystery unravels essentially in real-time. The shared state of confusion between the audience and the characters only serves to heighten the hilarity. I can’t think of too many comedies that use this little narrative trick, but it works wonders here. While it could limit the film’s replay value if the humour was too heavily dependent on shocks and surprises, this is not the only thing the movie has going for it.

As I mentioned, the chemistry between the cast is top notch, and much like the show Entourage, it isn’t about brilliant jokes and punchlines so much as it is about that feeling of camaraderie and trash talking among close friends who are stuck in a tense predicament. The script alone isn’t extraordinary (it’s written by the same guys who did Four Christmases, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, and Rebound starring Martin Lawrence), but when combined with the incredulous reactions of the actors and what I assume are some improvised bits, it all becomes that much more infectious. The movie has a great sense of pacing for the most part, and manages to keep upping the ante and increasing the energy level along the way.
the hangover review The-ha10
soo all in alll this movie is a great comedy and a must see xD

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Garreh
Innocent
Innocent
Garreh

the hangover review Empty
PostSubject: Re: the hangover review   the hangover review EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:39 pm

Short Version: some say its the ultimate guys movie, it's not but still awesome. i downloaded this a few days ago, i'd recommend it to people up for a laugh, and you get to see a boob which is always a +.
Back to top Go down

the hangover review
Page 1 of 1