Otaku Paradise!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Otaku Paradise!

HomeLatest imageswww.T3chnoBabblRegisterLog in

Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)

Go down 
+5
Maikeru
GeoffJonez
Dylann
Ryuu
Mr Jish
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Jish
Innocent
Innocent
Mr Jish

Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) Empty
PostSubject: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 3:33 pm

On a completely unrelated note (which doesn't quite make sense as I've only just started writing): I bet children are going to grow up thinking that an idea is some sort of electronic device...

I love Apple products Smile I only own 2 though... my iPod shuffle and this iPhone thing... it's quite handy really, especially for making phone calls and draining money Smile I am almost 100% sure that every PC user secretly desires a Mac, I know I do lol <(-_-)> Do you want a Mac? If so, how badly? What would you do to obtain a Mac? Do you have a Mac? Do you have an Apple products? questions similar to that...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrjish.co.nr
Ryuu
Juggernaut
Juggernaut
Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 6:37 pm

I have an iPod Touch Smile
But I honestly hate Apple Macs with a passion, I can't stand them.
Whats worse is that my School has them! Sad
Back to top Go down
Dylann
Administrator
Administrator
Dylann

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:47 am

Haha I love apple I bought an Ipod Touch recently <3 ...I Agree though i am one of these pc uses that would lose any sleep at night if i bought a mac XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.otaku-paradise.com
GeoffJonez
Administrator:Gaming
Administrator:Gaming
GeoffJonez

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 6:02 am

THIRD GEN iPOD YEAH! Got it off my friend too, was freeeeeeeeeeee xD
Back to top Go down
Maikeru
Juggernaut
Juggernaut
Maikeru

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:26 pm

iDontlikeapple

I like apples...

Windows ftw
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Administrator
Administrator
Xavier

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:46 pm

4th Gen Nano
iPhone 3G

Also buying a Macbook Pro 15 or iMac 21.5 + MacBook after summer Very Happy

EDIT:

Mac's aren't overpriced.
Back to top Go down
Ryuu
Juggernaut
Juggernaut
Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 4:10 am

Yeah Maikeru!
Go Windows!!
Back to top Go down
Dylann
Administrator
Administrator
Dylann

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:16 am

Well tbh, the ipods are better than all the mp3 players to date by far and the Macs and other apple computers have really improved over the years and tbh i respect apple more than microsoft. Dont get me wrong though i dont dislike microsoft and im not into this whole fanboy Stuff Evil or Very Mad Apple have good products

And i'm not the kinda person to Judge them unless i've used them, But i do however like both companies and do respect apple.

Their Ipod Touch is amazing, don't think i'd buy an iphone too expensive and i have a touch so theres no point.

Oh check out their new 'IPAD' NOT 'IPOD'
Back to top Go down
Maikeru
Juggernaut
Juggernaut
Maikeru

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:51 am

psh xD

I'm not a fanboy, I just think that while microsoft is taking over the world, I might aswell support it -w-

besides, I dont see the good thing about apple computers... The only noticable thing to me is that they're unable to get viruses... its a big plus, but theres so many pieces of hardware out there that arnt compatible with apple computers, not to mention they're uncustomisable unlike a pc where you can build and exchange parts inside it at will...

They should stick to being a fruit D= It'd be tastier that way
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Administrator
Administrator
Xavier

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:54 am

Apple the company are the best for multimedia purposes, their portable media players are the market leaders (iPod). Their smart-phone has to be one of the best smart-phones on the market, and their Operating System is probably the most stable and functioning OS out. I do agree some of their products are overpriced due to Apple controlling BOTH hardware and software. iMacs can be upgraded with new ram and a new Hard Drive. Mac Mini's have the same story. Mac Pro's are completely upgradable like any Computer.

The Mac-Only software is a big gain, Final Cut Pro (The Industry leader in Video Editing), Aperture (Photo Touch-Up) and my personal favourite Logic Studio 3 (Audio, guitar rigs etc..) I'd like to see a Windows-based machine have software as powerful as that.

P.S Mac's run Windows aswell. Best of both worlds.
Back to top Go down
Garreh
Innocent
Innocent
Garreh

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:52 am

Windows XP on my Dell PC.

FOREVER AND EVER
Back to top Go down
Notnef
Not too shabby
Not too shabby
Notnef

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:26 am

SpiritOfFire wrote:
Well tbh, the ipods are better than all the mp3 players to date by far

Not true the mp3 I have is proven to have a much higher sound quality than all the iPods and itouch's out there and having an ipod before hand i did actually hear the difference when i got it and my mps was way cheaper

and i would take a PC over a mac anyday
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Administrator
Administrator
Xavier

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Notnef wrote:
SpiritOfFire wrote:
Well tbh, the ipods are better than all the mp3 players to date by far

Not true the mp3 I have is proven to have a much higher sound quality than all the iPods and itouch's out there and having an ipod before hand i did actually hear the difference when i got it and my mps was way cheaper

and i would take a PC over a mac anyday

How did you "Prove" that it had "Higher Quality"?

Most devices provide the same output, it's all down to the encoding of the MP3 file (eg 320Kbps being the highest, going down to 128Kpbs which is one of the lowest). It is also down to the headphones I guess.

Your point is invalid unless sufficient proof is given.
Back to top Go down
Dylann
Administrator
Administrator
Dylann

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:05 pm

Zavvy is right, All mp3 players including Ipods are basically just Usb sticks its all about the encoding.
who proved it ? or is it your own testing ?

Me saying that Ipods are the best MP3 players is personal opinion to be fair im sure there are mp3 that match up but ipods are more popular nowadays but regardless Greatness of an mp3 player depends on how much music it can hold, I remember have a mp3 player that was 128Mb and it held 20 -30 tracks depending on how big they are and it was crap.

So i recon the only way to define an mp3 player as "The best" Is to compair 2 of the same size, test how many tracks each can hold and what has the best sound quailty using the same tracks on each, you'll probably find that because of the encoding your wont be able to tell the difference.
And as Zavvy pointed out headphones play a part to.
Back to top Go down
Notnef
Not too shabby
Not too shabby
Notnef

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 4:56 am

Well one thing is that you can look at the stats of the sound that mp3's give out (couldn't find a way to phrase that sentence well so there's my best try Razz) and compare them to each other which I did and you can also read up reviews on people who listened to both, same headphones and all, and when i did that they all said that you can hear everything clearer and better from mine compared to an ipod and it wasn't just ordinary people that were giving reviews it was critics that rate products or whatever they do.

Spirit the point you made about ipods being more popular doesn't make them better than more mp3s it just means that they're more well known because of advertising and people being like oh everyone else has one i will get one to and its not the greatness that makes them good as i would never see the point in buying an 80gb ipod when all i need is 16gb and the test about holding the most songs is only valid if you do it when both things are unused as when you delete things of an mp3 they're never totally gone and then reduce the max capacity of mp3s and the amount of songs it can hold also depends on what songs you put on it as someone may have a higher average length of song increasing how much memory the songs take up each so they will obviously end up with a smaller amount of songs
Back to top Go down
Dylann
Administrator
Administrator
Dylann

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:06 am

Ok very simply for the sound quality to be clearer they very well could have used songs encoded differently without being there and seing for myself i cant say they did or didnt, The EQ on the mp3 would most likely have to be the same which i spose isnt always possible but hey i dunno if that plays a factor.But my personal opinion i think all of them are the same. As for memory its obvious if your trying to find out what one is best they would have to be brand new. You said compairing it to your old ipod that isnt always effective as you said once you delete song they are never really gone so it put your old ipod at a disadvantage
Back to top Go down
Notnef
Not too shabby
Not too shabby
Notnef

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:12 am

I wasnt comparing the song capacity to my old ipod as my ipod was 4gb and my mp3 now is 16gb i was comparing the sound quality to my old ipod, and tbh i really wanted an itouch at first but it was my gran that was gonna buy me a new mp3 for xmas and she was the one that found my mp3 while searching for good ones and she was the first to say about the sound quality being better and i didnt believe her saying that it would be the same and all that crap but then when i got this one and started listening to music on is i was pleasantly surprised and it wasnt the headphones cause ive used the same headphones for years and years now. £10 JHB headphones from HMV Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Garreh
Innocent
Innocent
Garreh

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:47 am

Speaking as an ipod owner(no idea what generation) with an ipod that can play video's, 80gb is needed as im currently using dam near 70gb because of all the movies i have stored on it. i have no complaint's about the sound quality of songs on my ipod( or any other mp3 playing device) as i have used various mp3's and i find that at least for me, the ipod has been the most reliable. Every other mp3 i have owned has broken fairly quickly, and that't not just because of my bad care of them, i've dropped my ipod countless times.

tl;dr, Audio quality shouldn't be based on the devices imo. should be based on your copy of the song and the quality of your headphones. From experience i would say ipods are the best (but i would never get an iPhone or iTouch)
Back to top Go down
Notnef
Not too shabby
Not too shabby
Notnef

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 8:18 am

Personally i wouldnt put movies on an mp3 as i dont like watching it on that small of a screen but i have thought about putting one or two on mine to sit and watch in class xD and ive had my mp3 for over 2 years now and still no problems with it but my old ipod kept freezing which pissed me off quite a bit Razz

Sound quality wont be based alone on the mp3 but it will still contribute towards it as the components/software in it will differ and some will be able to play the music clearer and smoother than others
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Administrator
Administrator
Xavier

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 9:48 am

Notnef wrote:

Sound quality wont be based alone on the mp3 but it will still contribute towards it as the components/software in it will differ and some will be able to play the music clearer and smoother than others

It IS based on the encoding of the MP3 file (Or whatever file format you use (OGG, WAV etc)) and the headphones used.
Back to top Go down
Notnef
Not too shabby
Not too shabby
Notnef

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Yeah I agree with that as well but it is also base on things to do with the mp3 as well as I used to have one where the sound quality was f*cking horrible.
Back to top Go down
Felxion
Social Networking Staff
Social Networking Staff
Felxion

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:13 am

I don't agree with you. It is based on eht encoding of eht file and eht headphones... But there is things that can change it...

For example if you put a certain file on your ipod like a .WAV file, it gets converted automatically to a different format by iTunes which could alter eht encoding and change eht quality rather than putting it into a MP3 where it can actually support .WAV files and therefore eht file won't have to change.

Also, a feature that can be used on eht iPod (through iTunes) is limiting how high you can set eht volume. Sound quality is more easily noticeable eht louder eht song is played so if your iPod can't be played as high as your MP3 well then eht MP3 will be playing it with more quality but that doesn't make eht actual sound file better... eht file will of probably be 320kbs on both devices but will sound better through your MP3 as it is louder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)   Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Apple - that lovely little company that costs us all a mint :)
Page 1 of 1